22 Oct 2020
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
VIRTUAL MEETING ONLY
You will need to register for the event.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Julian Burnett, IBM
Whilst COVID19 may have changed retail in 2020, cognitive connected tech is changing it forever. From augmented reality to robotic process automation and computer vision to machine learning, this talk will consider where such innovations may yield differentiation and bring business value for retailers.
Julian is a digital, technology and business transformation leader ranked in the CIO Top 40 by Computing and has executive experience across retail, consumer products and supply chain industries. He leads IBM’s business in the UK covering these market sectors. Julian has held CTO, CIO and Supply Chain leadership positions at Sainsbury’s, John Lewis and House of Fraser, where in each he designed and led large scale digital and technology enabled business transformation initiatives.
Before holding senior roles in industry, Julian held consultancy leadership roles at both CapGemini and CSC where he focused on Business Transformation, Digital & Technology Strategy and Enterprise Architecture. He is a trained coach and facilitator, with experience of coaching and mentoring senior business, technology and digital executives. Julian sits on the GS1 Advisory Board, is an advisor to Retail Week Live, an international conference on digitally enabled commerce; an advisor to Fashion District, a global hub for innovation in the fashion industry; and campaigns with Business Disability International upon the role of technology in enhancing the opportunities and experiences of disabled customers and colleagues in the work place.
Julian is Founder of The Table Partnership, a small collective of growth investors and advisors targeting digital innovation in commerce. He is also a regular industry speaker and guest lecturer and is collaborating with Oxford Brookes University on both their Executive MBA course and at the Institute for Ethical AI. Julian is a Fellow of The British Computer Society, the Chartered Institute for IT.
Dowload the Presentation
In support of the presentation on Eye Controlled Gaming Kirsty has the following videos that are worth taking a look at.
Play Minecraft with your eyes
Becky plays Minecraft
Ian “Meet a Minecrafter” (this is the one that failed during the presentation)
Online Security Privacy Tips from Dr Jason Nurse:
Can your browser be fingerprinted?
- Panopticlick – https://panopticlick.eff.org/
Want to find out more about what companies know about you, or opt out of online tracking?
- Google – https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences
Want to opt out of mobile tracking (via your phone’s advertising AD ID)?
- A Simple Way to Make It Harder for Mobile Ads to Track You – https://www.wired.com/story/ad-id-ios-android-tracking/
Why Amazon, Facebook and Google don’t need to listen to your conversations?
- Amazon, Facebook and Google don’t need to spy on your conversations to know what you’re talking about – https://theconversation.com/amazon-facebook-and-google-dont-need-to-spy-on-your-conversations-to-know-what-youre-talking-about-108792
Want to find out about that research study into online UK trackers?
- Behind the scenes: a cross-country study into third-party website referencing and the online advertising ecosystem – https://link.springer.com/article/10.1186%2Fs13673-017-0121-6
Want more privacy tech?
- Tools from EFF’s Tech Team – https://www.eff.org/pages/tools
Want some general information on privacy?
- Privacy International – https://privacyinternational.org/