Online Security Privacy Tips from Dr Jason Nurse:
Can your browser be fingerprinted?
- Panopticlick – https://panopticlick.eff.org/
Want to find out more about what companies know about you, or opt out of online tracking?
- Google – https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences
Want to opt out of mobile tracking (via your phone’s advertising AD ID)?
- A Simple Way to Make It Harder for Mobile Ads to Track You – https://www.wired.com/story/ad-id-ios-android-tracking/
Why Amazon, Facebook and Google don’t need to listen to your conversations?
- Amazon, Facebook and Google don’t need to spy on your conversations to know what you’re talking about – https://theconversation.com/amazon-facebook-and-google-dont-need-to-spy-on-your-conversations-to-know-what-youre-talking-about-108792
Want to find out about that research study into online UK trackers?
- Behind the scenes: a cross-country study into third-party website referencing and the online advertising ecosystem – https://link.springer.com/article/10.1186%2Fs13673-017-0121-6
Want more privacy tech?
Tools from EFF’s Tech Team – https://www.eff.org/pages/tools
Want some general information on privacy?
Privacy International – https://privacyinternational.org/