This project is an IET/IMechE-funded robotics holiday club for 11-15 year olds living in areas of high socio-economic deprivation in Oxford. Throughout the week, participants will learn to program a BBC microbit then design and build their own robot to follow a winding path. At the end of the week, they’ll then get to take their robot home. They will also attend visits to engineering companies and organisations, to show the range of opportunities available within engineering, and the different routes to a career.
We are looking for a diverse group of volunteers to help with the workshops throughout the week. Training, lunch and agreed travel expenses will be provided.
The current structure for the week is detailed below; please note that this may change, so do let us know any dates that you would be available.
- Monday 13th August: Programming workshop & industry visit
- Tuesday 14th August: CAD workshop & industry visit
- Wednesday 15th August: Soldering workshop & industry visit
- Thursday 16th August: Programming workshop & industry visit
- Friday 17th August: Final workshop & celebration
If you are interested please contact Sarah.firstname.lastname@example.org